Dodgy Perth is all about the conversation. But without a few simple ground rules, conversations turn into shouting matches, discouraging others from participating.
So here is my comments policy. By posting at Dodgy Perth, you agree to the following:
- Feel free to post questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, I would rather receive your comments on my blog than via email.
- You may disagree with me, or anyone else. However, if you disagree with something do so in a way that is respectful. There is way too much shouting on the Web already to tolerate it here.
- I reserve the right to not publish or to delete your comments. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. You have a right to express your opinions on your blog not mine. Specifically, I will not permit comments that are, in my opinion, (a) rude; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations involving you.